Pro Golf Supercenter

Monday, November 2, 2015

European Tour: Dubuisson Wins Turkish Open as McIlroy Holds Race to Dubai Lead

While France's Victor Dubuisson won the European Tour's Turkish Open at -22 under par, Rory McIlroy still holds the point led in the European Tour's acclaimed Race to Dubai.  Dubuisson was two shots behind Van Zyl as he stood on the 15th tee but he repeated his feat of 2013 when he also birdied the 15th, 17th and 18th to win his maiden European Tour title. And the 25 year old admitted it took a "perfect" approach into the par five last to secure his closing birdie and with it a second Turkish Airlines Open title. "On 18, I was under the presumption that Jaco would make birdie," he said. "He hit the ball so straight that 18 wouldn't be a problem for him. "I just tried to hit a big drive because last week and this week, I was driving okay but not very long. So on this hole I had to take my chance. "I hit a really big drive, took advantage of the good bounce, and then I had 193 yards to the hole. The wind was helping a little bit and it would normally be a good seven or a little six. I decided to hit an eight iron because of the pressure and I knew I had to land just on the beginning of the left side of the green to keep it on. "This was just the perfect shot."
Meanwhile, despite only playing 10 European Tour events this year Rory McIlroy continues to hold onto first place leader over England's Danny Willett in the Race to Dubai. Can McIlroy maintain his lead and ultimately wins the 2015 Race to Dubai as the European Tour draws to a close? Share your comments with the Pro Golf Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment