Pro Golf Supercenter

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Can Lydia Ko Win Back-to-Back-to-Back LPGA Swinging Skirts Titles?

Lydia Ko, the Rolex #1 ranked ladies golfer, will try to become just the third player in the last decade to win an LPGA event three consecutive years when she tees it up in Thursday’s start to the Swinging Skirts Classic. Ko defeated Stacey Lewis in a captivating duel to win the first Swinging Skirts Classic played at Lake Merced Golf Club two years ago. She won again last year, defeating Morgan Pressel  in a playoff. “Obviously, just to say you’re defending a title is tough enough,” Ko said. “If I did end up [winning for a third time], it would be extra special.” Ko’s victory here in 2014 was her first as an LPGA member. It meant so much to her, she had the date she won tattooed in Roman numerals above her right wrist. Sunday promises to be a special day for Ko no matter how she fares. She will celebrate her 19th birthday. “I can’t believe it’s already my third year on tour,” Ko said. “I feel like I’m getting old. “Yeah, I’m growing up. There are girls younger than me. Brooke [Henderson] is a couple months younger. Last year, and the year before, everybody was younger than me. I feel like everything is changing really quickly.” Ko is seeking her fourth worldwide victory this year, her third LPGA title. She will play in the featured pairing Thursday morning with Lewis and In Gee Chun. But let's not count out Inbee Park, Stacey Lewis and a bevy of even younger players emerging out of Asia ... all with very bright futures. So can Ko three-peat this week? Send your predictions to the Pro Golf Tour: http://progolftournaments.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment